Sat, Sep 30|
Sending Sunshine and Rainbows - Fun Mail Swap - October
A new monthly FUN mail swap. Get matched up with another Project Life member and send (2) fun mail letters, cards, small packages for the month. Be creative with the theme. Click the RSVP for all the details
Time & Location
Sep 30, 11:50 PM EDT – Oct 01, 12:00 AM EDT
About the Event
Do you like getting mail? Besides bills, and junk? Do you like writing letters, creating cards, curating small packages to send to others? IF yes? Read on.
Join our new monthly "Sending Sunshine and Rainbow" happy mail swap.
This months theme is "Harvest"
How does this work?
You will be assigned a swap partner. During the month, you commit to sending (2) two snail mail letters, cards, small packages, according to the theme. Use your imagination and creativity in curating your fun mail. We encourage you to say HI and introduce yourself to your fun mail partner. Who knows? You might make a new friend from another part of the states. You agree to send your first fun mail by the 15th of the month, and then the second one by the 30th of the month.
How do I sign up?
RSVP to request a swap partner. The sign up closes on September 30, 2023 at 11:59pm. You will recieve the name and information of your fun mail recipient within two days.
Fun Mail ideas.
Poems, hand written letters, cards, bookmarks, stickers, quote cards, affirmations, postcards, use your imagination. You are not allowed to buy anything that costs more than $5 or postage that also exceeds $5.
Dig out your yarn, paints, watercolors, old scrapbooking papers, stickers, cardstock, threads, etc... and get creative. Maybe you have a stationery stash (like me) that has sat and gotten dusty over the years. Pull that out. Be creative, look around at nature - what can you create with a leaf? Flowers? Make a mini book with paper and sew a binding with thread. How about these? Again, if you buy stuff to create with that is fine, but you can not send any type of store bought gifts for your fun mail recipient such as candles, books, etc.
1. By RSVP'ing you are committing to sending (2) two pieces of snail mail during the month. One by the 15th and one by the 30th of the month.
2. You have to the 10th of the month to reach out to your swap partner to introduce yourself.
3. If you fail to send your fun mail, you will not be allowed to sign up for 3 months after. We know life happens, however we want to make sure that our recipients are recieving their fun mail.
4. If you can not keep your commitment, you need to let Lesley know ASAP! (email@example.com)
5. You agree to keep this fun and imaginative and creative. No gifts like candles, soaps, etc.
6. Most of all "HAVE FUN!"