Tue, Oct 24|
Ground Turkey and Green Beans #Activate your Inner Chef
Shonte brings her expertise as an NP and her love for bringing nutritious meals to our table. Come and #slaytheplate.
Time & Location
Oct 24, 2023, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM EDT
About the Event
Come and join our house chef, Shonte', nurse practitioner and farmer for her monthly live cooking sessions.
She writes all of her own recipes, and adds her little tips and tricks to bring mouth watering flavors to her dishes.
You can cook with her or just join to watch.
Spicy(optional) Ground Turkey and Green Beans
Ingredients (serves 2-4)
- 1 lb green beans (Fresh is best)
- 4 tsp Olive oil (or coconut/vegetable oil)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp ginger, minced
- ground turkey or ground beef, chicken, plant based meat, or ground cauliflower..Im using ground turkey for this dish
- 8 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp Asian chili garlic paste (optional this is what makes it spicy)
- Large spoon
- Large bowl
- Chef knife
- Cutting board
- Baking sheet
- Preheat oven to broil, clean and toss green beans in 2 tablespoons of cooking oil, lay flat on cooking sheet, cover with aluminum foil and cook for 6-8 min until tender
- Mince garlic and ginger or cut into small pieces
- Heat stove to medium high heat and add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil and sesame oil in skillet
- Add turkey, garlic and ginger. Smell that AROMA. Cook ground meat until brown.
- Add cooked green beans to pan, then stir in soy sauce, rice vinegar, and asian chili garlic paste and cook for another minute or two