Cooking with Shonte'- Fried Rice
Time & Location
About the Event
Enjoy this quick and easy recipe. It's my go-to meal when I have that MBC fatigue. Everyone loves fried rice, mix and match how you like!!!
Here are the ingredients you will need:
½ -1 diced large yellow Onion
1-2 large egg(s)
¼ cup of vegetable oil or Olive Oil
1 tablespoon Pepper
2 cloves of chopped garlic
1 teaspoon of salt
- Medium frying pan or wok
- Rice Cooker or cook in saucepan
- Large Spoon
- Cutting board
- Chef knife
- Measuring spoons & cups
1 cup of frozen mixed vegetable
1 cup of chilled cooked rice
½ -1 tablespoon of soy sauce or substitute with Maggi seasoning
1 teaspoon of Accent seasoning (optional)
Make rice ahead of time either in a rice cooker or saucepan then chill it.
Use 1 ¼ cup of water for every 1 cup of jasmine rice.
- Rinse rice-Place rice in a bowl, fill with water. Swish with hand then drain. Repeat 3 to 4 times – water will never be completely clear. Drain in colander, cook per recipe
- RAPID SIMMER – Put water and rice in a saucepan, bring to simmer on high heat as fast as you can. You want the whole surface to be rippling, the edges bubbling and white foam;
- COVER and turn to LOW – Turn heat down and cover, cook for 12 minutes. Do not lift the lid!
- Stand for 10 minutes to let the rice finish cooking. If you skip this, the grains are wet and slightly hard in the middle;
- Fluff! Use a rubber spatula or fork – this stops the grains breaking (Jasmine rice is softer than most white rices).
Full recipe plus directions will be on the website after the event.